Thursday, May 3, 2012

Too Much Room for Hate


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Cor 13:4-8
Hate is a spiritual problem. There are many forms of hate. Many of us swear we know what love is, but don't practice it. It's time for a spiritual check up, indeed. I've learned a long the way that hating doesn't solve anything, but makes you stunted as an individual. When you have people who play favorites with the ones they exalt, it leads to self-absorption and clouds perception of what isn't there. What most fail to realize is the hate we spread on another affects him or her greatly. I was watching the news last night and the new reporters were talking about body language and how it speaks volumes versus what we're saying and we all need to take note. I agree because what a person is not saying with their words are screaming it through their actions. I love to observe because it tells me all I need to know as I circumspect carefully.
I'm not the one who carelessly hurt others just to make myself feel better. In my humble opinion, it's wrong to hurt others just because we're dealing with situations, too. If you're hating on someone who makes more money than you, who possesses beauty, who is gay, who is struggling with certain areas in their lives or who doesn't look or act they the way you think they should, and last not but least, picking, bullying, and harrassing someone who can't help the way he or she is. There's a deeper issue going on inside.
You see, I've come across people in my own path who mistreated me cruelly all because I'm a Christian. These people think they're being helpful when really they're not. Before I gave my life to Christ, I was hated then, but not as much ever since I came to the Lord's side. No one understands persecution until they gone through it. I've been ripped to shreds all because of HATE.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I have low tolerance for those who think they're better than me and then try to put themselves on a self-inflated pedestal like nothing can't hurt them. Before you point the finger at me, check your heart and take a good look in the mirror, and tell me can you honestly say do you like what you see? If you answer yes, then step back and ask yourself, "Am I being honest with myself? How does this person feel when I come around him or her?"
I don't believe in judging others, on the other hand, I do believe in this, if a person is continually displaying an action that isn't pleasant to God and to others. Then it's time to circumspect what's really going on. I come to understand that people act the way they do because of influence. Who they surround themselves with? The aura you give off either spreads like cancer or a lovely aroma that awakens the senses.
I have no shame to admit that I’m flawed and I make mistakes and I’m human! I’m learning those who are real appreciate honesty from the real Christians who aren’t ashamed to use their mistakes to bless someone else. Turn your curse into a blessing and you’ll be surprised where it takes you. I will make no apologies for being real. I’m against anti-bullying and harassing: mean teasing, name-calling, and false labels are cruel and abominable. When you tease someone, basically, you’re saying God made a mistake on him or her. And this is farther from the truth.
Anyone who truly knows me and love me will tell you this. I’m very loving and accepting and I treat everyone the same. Why? Because I don’t want anyone to treat me this way, even though others tend to do this to me anyway.
We, as people, need to realize hate is horrendous and causes more damage than good. Hate doesn’t edify or glorify God. This is why He sent His Only and One Son to give us a new heart and a new spirit that exemplifies Him. When you come to Christ you are no longer the same and He shows you mercy and grace that comes from Him and Him alone. I’m so glad I have a mediator in Him, an advocate in whom I trust. As Jesus sits on the right hand throne of God, I’m blessed to know He hears all my prayers and makes my petitions known to God. I will not stop giving this message to those who need to listen to it. I will not stop carrying my cross because others poke fun at me and think they’re better than me, when the reality is they’re struggling too! And don’t let them fool you otherwise! They have issues or troubles that they don’t want others to see.
I’m talking real talk. Those who live in a lie usually end up eating their lies and it blows up in their faces as time passes on. I pray this bless someone as they’re reading this because you need to know God’s love IS NOT like worldly love, which is flawed and causes grief to the soul.
God’s love gives you a chance when others toss you away and given up on you completely.
God’s love is faithful when it seems like you’re forsaken and abandoned. He’ll never leave you nor forsake you. Thank you, Jesus. He always works it out for your good! I know what I’m talking about because God delivered me time and time again. So, to those who brushed me off and wrongfully dismissed me, I’m praying for you and I have complete faith God has taken care of it because He sees me for who I really am because I’m justified; not condemned.
If I make mistakes, I learn from them. If someone has something good going in his or her life, I simply congratulate him or her because I have the true love of God in my heart to actually be happy for him or her. It’s no secret I have haters. I fully know who they are. They pretend they are for me when, in reality, they are against me and they have no intention of making the wrong right, or to be happy for me. I know who is really in my corner and those are the people I’m sticking with.
We live in a world where we’re out for self and it’s deeply sad because when you turn on the news what do you see? Tragedy. I shake my head because Jesus’ prophecy came true when He said, “the love of many shall wax cold.”  See Matthew 24.  Be careful when false prophets speaks of the end of world for no one TRULY knows the end. Why? We’re not God. I’m grateful to be given a chance to live on Earth to do what I need to do.
I never forgot when I was shopping for birthday gifts for my sisters. I was encouraging this woman at the cash register and it seemed like she was having a bad day. I told her, "As long as you’re alive. It’s good day. Live each day to the fullest because no one really knows what it’s like in the afterworld." And here’s the tripped out part. This older woman, old enough to be my mother, made a snippy statement about Heaven and Hell. She had the nerve to talk about judgment when that wasn’t my intention to encourage the woman.
I wasn’t denying the older woman’s statement, but she has A LOT of NERVE to speak for God. She made the situation unpleasant and caused other older women to start griping and complaining. That shows you the animosity rooting in her heart. Was God glorified in what she said? No! If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. If it’s not edifying to someone who needs encouragement, why speak it in the first place? That’s all I’m saying. You don’t have to agree with me, but I realize one thing in my walk with God, God is not pleased with arguing, jealousy, envy and strife. These spirits strikes grief to one’s soul.
After I handled my business, I went back to the woman to apologize and to let her know it was not my intention to cause grief. She looked at me and said, “I know, sweetie. I know that was not your intention.”
She doesn’t know much about me, but by the words of life I've spoken to her soul gave her life and hope! And it was all God; not me. She knows I’m bearing food fruit. You don’t see apples coming from an orange tree and vice versa. If it taste like an apple, it is an apple.
But here is my point, if someone is having a bad day don’t make an automatic assumption that’s who he or she is. I, for one, am familiar with this. People choose to misunderstand me with false assumptions and not really looking deeper into my situation. That’s where the scripture Matthew 7:1-6: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."
When you wrongfully judge and have no insight at all, you’re setting yourself up for disaster, least expected, when you mess up. So be careful, because if your dirt finds you out, not many will be merciful unto you when your lowest point arrives, all because you didn’t show, the person you misjudged, no mercy.
And even if you do have some insight, pray on it, only God knows the whole story and He’ll give one or two souls a word of season to speak accurately in that person’s life. Using words tactfully is everything! Love is so much bearable than hate. Love always possesses room and keeps the door open even if that person turned on you.  So when the time has come, God always come through and do a work in you to show to the other person that yes, there is redemption. If I stepped on some toes, that is not my intention, but this is what the Lord put in my spirit. As long as you’re living, you can never stop learning, growing, and adjusting to life, this will help you become a better you.
I’m learning to be careful. "What goes around comes around." My former high school teacher taught me this, when I was sitting in my senior class. I listened to what she was saying and there’s a lot of truth in this statement and it’s profound. Be careful of how you mistreat a person, you miss out on your blessing that way, or even if you do get your blessing it is SHORT-LIVED. I’ve witnessed this too many times and it’s not a pretty picture.
If you hurt someone, sincerely apologize to him or her. As I was watching one of the shows on CBS, the man said to the ex-CIA hitman, “An apology goes a long way.”
And it does. I want to be clear, I’m not talking about apologizing for who you are or compromising who you are to make others like you, for you should never stoop to any level so someone can accept you. That’s false acceptance and he or she can turn on you in the future.
What I’m talking about is your moral compass. If you don’t feel bad for hurting someone and act like everything will go your way, keep living. You’ll soon find out your actions does affect others and most of all: you!
I pray your heart is encouraged and never shut what you believe in your heart will come true. It may not be today and it may not be tomorrow, but know  your time to shine will come and it will bless you wholeheartedly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment