Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eagle vs. Pigeon

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31 KJV)

I know it's been a while. I've been dealing with a lot lately and I've been questioning my dark season. Honestly, I'm not sure how much more I can bear. But today, God inspired me to write this post. Maybe you're going through a dark period in your life as well. You're probably wondering why I named this post: Eagle vs. Pigeon. Believe me, it's with good reason. I'm smiling as I write this and I pray this message will marinate well in your soul.

My mind went back to 2011, where everything went sour for me. And a particular man comes to my mind as I write this. Although, I will not reveal who he is, but this is fitting for what God wants to say to you. Several people misconstrue eagle with pigeon. I will explain why, so hang in there with me. You're in for a wonderful ride.

The Lord poured this revelation in my spirit because many believe that being an "eagle" means to crush and destroy those around us just so we can rise to the top. Too many are caught up in the hype that, "If I become rich and famous, I'm a somebody." And this statement is not necessarily true. You have plenty of rich and famous stars who are struggling daily in their personal lives, trying to live the best lives they can. And I don't blame them. They're trying to hang on to the little reality they have left in their homes, where no one can see what's going on inside.

Just because everything appears rosy on the outside, it doesn't mean everything is well on the inside. This man desires to be an actor and somehow he's deluding himself to believe that if he cuts me out of his life, he will still make it in Hollywood. One thing I've learned quickly that pride always comes before destruction—always!

On the surface, things are going "well" for him, but I know for certain what he has done to me will slap him hard in the face. And he won't buy his way out of it either. He's not sorry for what he has done to me and he makes it no secret he gets a kick out of hurting me and embarrassing me. And to be honest, God frowns on this kind of behavior. This guy believes he is an eagle, but in reality he is a pigeon because of his way-of-thinking.

An eagle is a team player and encourages others to hang in there when life gets tough.

A pigeon gets a kick out of hurting others and believes the world owes him or her what's due to him or her.

An eagle is humble and always remembers that life changes in an instant and the seeds he or she sow, which he or she will also reap. Good things will harvest to those who do their best to live their lives, and never hurt their brothers and sisters in the process.

A pigeon is selfish and thinks he or she can use money or other bargaining tools to win others over just to make him or her look "good" in the sight of others (seeking false approval).

An eagle is considerate and is never afraid to soar when others believe he or she will fail, when God says he or she will overcome this battle he or she is currently facing.

A pigeon manipulates others to get what he or she can for a moment, but his or her foolishness reaps a lifetime of turmoil and agony.

An eagle realizes when he or she makes a mistake and not afraid to correct it. An eagle understands that before success arrives, failure always makes its presence known before his or her time to shine appears.

An eagle learns from his or her mistakes and makes amends to those he or she offends. An eagle learns humility through his or her trying times and becomes better not bitter.

A pigeon cares about being with the in-crowd and falling under the pressure to please others and wants approval to feel his or her worth.

An eagle finds his or her worth in his or her pit. An eagle finds the strength to spread his or her wings, and he or she is not afraid of the challenges he or she faces because God is right there with him or her—every step of the way.

You see where I'm going with this? I hope so.

Think of it this way: eagles soar alone while pigeons fly in a group.

Which one will you be today? I choose to be an eagle. And being an eagle is not only brave to spread its wings, but is not afraid to soar and think big with the possibilities while flying with God when others say, “It’s impossible.” When you put your hand in God's Hand, you won't fail because there is no failure in God.

He loves you and sees your struggles. He knows your disappointments and failures, but He is right there with you. He'll never leave you or forsake you. And nothing shall separate you from the love of God. Don't fall in the pigeon category. Yes, “pigeons” fly, but they are limited in thinking. Think like an “eagle,” so you can soar and that every person, you come across, will either soar with you or fly south.

Eagles recognize eagles. It's quite clear the guy who dissed me is a “pigeon.” He only wants to be around others when times are good and ditches them when times are bad. He's definitely a fair-weather friend and I'm so glad he is out of my life. And when the time comes and we will run into each other, because God has a wild sense of humor like that, the man will be sorry that he misjudged me and mistreated me. And you know what? I will forgive him—so I will be blessed and continue to remain blessed, because a person like him will never find true success in hurting others just so he can make it. And he will learn it the hard way. So I'm stepping out of the way and I will continue trusting in God. I already know, in my soul, He's already working out my situation in my favor.

I hope this resonates well with you today. If not, I will say a prayer for you:

Father, I stretch my hands to you. I'm having a hard time believing You're working things out for my good. It seems like everything is going from bad to worse. I'm not sure how much more I can bear. I'm not sure if I can hang on anymore. Move by Your Spirit, LORD. Move on my behalf and others who are struggling, too. Strengthen me in my time of weakness. I believe by faith You already worked my situation out for my good. In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.

Continue to follow your dreams and never be afraid to help someone else along the way. You'll be surprised how this favor returns to you when you least expect it.



No comments:

Post a Comment